Fall 2017 – What I’m most hyped for
Sep. 25th, 2017 03:02 pm
This season we have a much shorter list of hype worthy thing, or at least I have. It’s not that there isn’t anything that will potentially be good it’s just that most of them don’t align much with my tastes.
But regardless, it’s time for me to gush about the few I am happy for so let’s get this thing rolling!
Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Synopsis:
“The manga's story takes place in the distant future, where a new life form called "houseki" (gems) is born. The 28 gems must fight against the "tsukijin" (moon people) who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, so each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Although she hopes to fight the moon people, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' manager Kongo asks her to edit a natural history magazine.”
(Source: Anime News Network)
PV: Here
My thoughts:
The premise is interesting enough, and seeing the trailers I already like the atmosphere a lot. Not only that, but this looks like this is one of those rare breed of CGI anime that looks actually kinda nice. Sure it has its jarring moments here and there but for the most part it’s done well. Did I miss something else worth noting? Oh yeah, THEM CHARACTER DESINGS I LOVE THEM SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA-
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond (Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond)
Synopsis:
The second season of Kekkai Sensen.
“A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They've lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.”
(Source: Dark Horse Comics)
PV: Here
My thoughts:
*inhales* WOO BOI
Kekkai Sensen season one was probably my favorite anime of 2015 so seeing it getting a sequel makes my heart swoon so much aaahhh~
If there is one thing that makes me anxious it’s the director switch, but Attack on Titan season 2 was kinda alright in spite of the different director so who knows? Let’s just hope we won’t have another Psycho Pass season 2 on our hands.
Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus Bride)
Synopsis:
“Hatori Chise has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.
The man is a "magus," a sorcerer of great power, who decides to free Chise from the bonds of captivity. The magus then makes a bold statement: Chise will become his apprentice–and his bride!”
(Source: Crunchyroll)
PV: Here
My thoughts:
I saw a little from the original OVA adaptation and it got my interest very quickly. Studio Wit really outdone themselves with said OVA animation wise, and I’m sure the TV series will most likely follow suite (thought I would not hold it against them if it didn’t, AoT season 2 most likely wore them down quite a bit). All in all I am excited for this.
Pingu in the City
Synopsis:
“Pingu and his family move from their small village to a big city, where there are many people with many different occupations. The ever-curious Pingu tries to join them at their jobs, but his mischievous side gets the better of him and he ends up messing things up.”
(Source: Anime News Network)
PV: Here
My thoughts:
No you aren’t having a stroke right now, and yes you read the above title right.
Pingu the infamous weird little Swiss claymation cartoon about a baby penguin who makes weird car noises for some reason and his little adventures was pretty much my childhood so seeing it get a sequel series by Polygon Pictures of all people is both a very surreal and a very happy turn of events.
I wonder if they keep the occasional unintentional nightmare fuel tendencies of the original thought… (Pingu is not Pingu without at least one instance of childhood trauma after all)
And for anyone in the comments who’s about to go Pingu is not anime because the original is a Swiss cartoon: I cannot begin to describe how much I do not care I am counting it anyways, screw you
And that would be it everyone! Well the fall season probably won’t be as wild as summer, but nonetheless I am looking forward to it.